Top Posters
Since Sunday
a
HaydeeP. HaydeeP.
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
True and false questions just do NOT agree with me!  Neutral Face Can anyone help me? Id GREATLY appreciate it, basic bio questions!

1. Cellular Respiration process begins with step one: glycolysis (where triglyceride molecules are broken down into two molecules called pyruvate)

2. Electromagnetic energy travels through space in waves, and the distance between two adjacent waves is called micron.

3. Photosynthesis uses light energy, carbon dioxide, and carbohydrates to make food molecules (sugar)

4. Bioluminescent organisms use energy in chemical reactions to produce sugars

5. An enzyme's substrate is the specific reactant that the enzyme acts on

Thanks!
Read 2072 times
4 Replies
Replies
Answer accepted by topic starter
bioboibioboi
wrote...
12 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 120 words.

Related Topics

HaydeeP. Author
wrote...
12 years ago
Thank you so much, you wouldnt happen to know these would you?

1. The plasma membrane is called a fluid mosaic due to the rigid, non-changing nature of its structure (which protects and encloses the living cell.)

2. In the electron transport chain, the steps in the chain are electron carrier molecules, and at the last step oxygen becomes the final electron acceptor.

3. Of all three stages of the cellular respiration, the citric cycle produces most ATP molecules.

4. The citric acid stage of cellular respiration completes the breakdown of glucose within the cell's mitochondria. 

5. The light reactions of photosynthesis produce two high energy molecules named ATP and HADPH

6. Energy conversion within a cell shows that glucose gets plus oxygen will produce carbon dioxide, water and ATP molecules.

I really appreciate it.  Slight Smile Slight Smile Slight Smile
wrote...
12 years ago
I hope I still remember this stuff..  Face with Open Mouth

False   1. The plasma membrane is called a fluid mosaic due to the rigid, non-changing nature of its structure (which protects and encloses the living cell.) (it's called a fluid mosaic due to the non-rigid, changing nature of its structure)

True     2. In the electron transport chain, the steps in the chain are electron carrier molecules, and at the last step oxygen becomes the final electron acceptor.

True     3. Of all three stages of the cellular respiration, the citric cycle produces most ATP molecules.

False   4. The citric acid stage of cellular respiration completes the breakdown of glucose within the cell's mitochondria. (Glycolysis completes the breakdown of glucose in the cytoplasm.)

True     5. The light reactions of photosynthesis produce two high energy molecules named ATP and HADPH

True     6. Energy conversion within a cell shows that glucose plus oxygen will produce carbon dioxide, water and ATP molecules.
HaydeeP. Author
wrote...
12 years ago
I'll go over each other the questions just to be sure, but you were a GREAT help.

Thank you so much!  Slight Smile Waving Hand Sign
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  982 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
How often do you eat-out per week?
Votes: 81