a
t
i
r
Jinxed Jinxed
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
9 years ago
•Evaluate the functions of the ventricles of the brain and the choroid plexus, including their role in the formation and maintenance of CSF.
Read 1943 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Valued Member
9 years ago
Hello =)

There are 4 ventricles in the brain. The first two are in the middle of the cerebrum going rostro-caudally and are called lateral vebtricles. Behind the mesencephalon and going caudally till mid-pontine level approximately, there is the 3rd ventricle. From there and downwards till medulla oblongata and the pyramids, the 4th ventricle is found and is also known as rhomboid fossa. It is ensheathed with a bundle of fibers called stria medullaris. These ventricles are for circulating cerebrospinal fluid through the brain. They empty into the soinal cord at the central canal where it serves to anchor the spibal cord by keeping it afloat and protected. The choroid plexus sitting on top of the thalamic nuclei is responsible for the production of cerebrospinal fluid.

I hope this helps
B.Sc in Biology
M.Sc Neuroscience
PhD. Candidate in Neuroscience

Jinxed Author
wrote...
9 years ago
Thank you! This is explained to the point that I am able to follow and understand the sequence of movements! Thank you again!
Jinxed
wrote...
Valued Member
9 years ago
You're welcome Slight Smile Let me know if you have any more questions
B.Sc in Biology
M.Sc Neuroscience
PhD. Candidate in Neuroscience

wrote...
8 years ago
These ventricles are for circulating cerebrospinal fluid through the brain. They empty into the soinal cord at the central canal where it serves to anchor the spibal cord by keeping it afloat and protected.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1215 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which of the following is the best resource to supplement your studies:
Votes: 249