Neutral Face Neutral Face Pouting Face
Read 4828 times
5 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
13 years ago
These are three mould groups related to health: Don't know which type you are referring to...

1. PATHOGENIC: Causes serious health effects in immune problem individuals, disease oriented.
2. ALLERGENIC: Can cause allergic or asthmatic symptoms, such as wheezing, runny noses, eye infections, or headaches usually not life-threatening.
3. TOXIC: Mycotoxins can cause serious health effects in anyone. Cancer, immune problems, skin disease, headaches, memory loss, chronic fatigue, nose and throat irritation, persistent cold-like symptoms, burning, itching or watery eyes, dizziness, nausea. Women who are pregnant could experience problems, even miscarriages. Toxic mold may even cause systemic rashes allover the body
megonigalc Author
wrote...
13 years ago
i thought it had something to do with slime molds, cause this is for my mycology class so i didnt really think that that was it.
wrote...
Donated
Valued Member
13 years ago
Plasmodial slime molds are basically enormous single cells with thousands of nuclei. They are formed when individual flagellated cells swarm together and fuse. The result is one large bag of cytoplasm with many diploid nuclei. These "giant cells" have been extremely useful in studies of cytoplasmic streaming (the movement of cell contents) because it is possible to see this happening even under relatively low magnification. In addition, the large size of the slime mold "cell" makes them easier to manipulate than most cells.

A second group, the cellular slime molds, spend most of their lives as separate single-celled amoeboid protists, but upon the release of a chemical signal, the individual cells aggregate into a great swarm. Cellular slime molds are thus of great interest to cell and developmental biologists, because they provide a comparatively simple and easily manipulated system for understanding how cells interact to generate a multicellular organism. There are two groups of cellular slime molds, the Dictyostelida and the Acrasida, which may not be closely related to each other.

A third group, the Labyrinthulomycota or slime nets, are also called "slime molds", but appear to be more closely related to the Chromista, and not relatives of the other "slime mold" groups.
wrote...
Educator
13 years ago
Thanks star, my apologies Undecided
megonigalc Author
wrote...
13 years ago
its okay thank you so much
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1547 People Browsing
Related Images