s
d
c
r
e
datasian datasian
wrote...
12 years ago
I have a science test tomorrow and i dont understand want a hiploid and diploid cell is Confounded Face also i have a vague understanding of a gamete. I need to know cause the test is about cells.
Read 1685 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
12 years ago
Gamete-- A reproductive cell having the haploid number of chromosomes, especially a mature sperm or egg capable of fusing with a gamete of the opposite sex to produce the fertilized egg.
Zygote-- the cell produced by the union of two gametes, before it undergoes cleavage.
Haploid-- an organism or cell having only one complete set of chromosomes, ordinarily half the normal diploid number.
Homologous--A pair of chromosomes, one inherited from each parent, that have corresponding gene sequences and that pair during meiosis.
Zygote--The cell formed by the union of two gametes,especially a fertilized ovum before cleavage.
oanh.nguyenh Author
wrote...
12 years ago
Gamete= a human's sex cells or reproductive cells (sperm and egg)

Haploid= A cell that has 1/2 the number of chromosomes are in one's total. They are also known as sex cells

Diploid= (aka "somatic cells") Containing two sets of chromosomes. These include all the cells in one's body, except one's sex cells and red blood cells.

Note: (humans have 46 chromosomes in diploid cells, therefore 23 chromosomes in haploid cells)

Homologous= Note: ("homo" means "similar") Like a person who is homo... lol... are basically a pair of chromosomes that similar is size, shape, and content (i.e. the trait for skin color)

Zygote= when a sperm is fertilized in an egg, the fertilized egg is called a zygote
wrote...
12 years ago
High WBC indicates infection, systemic illness, inflammation, allergy, leukemia and tissue injury caused due to burns...
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1063 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite funny biology word?
Votes: 401