× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
lisalisa123 lisalisa123
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
I am currently in grade 11 studying in Toronto. I would like to join the medical school in the Caribbean after finishing grade 12 (dunno if it is possible). I want to become a doctor in Canada or  USA.
Read 424 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
12 years ago
Yes, you can do a premed program in the Caribbean, complete the medical school at the same school and be eligible to be licensed in both the US and Canada.  But you need to be very careful.  The first thing you need to do is check with the state licensing authority (in the US) where you might be interested in practicing.  Each state is the final arbitrator of whether you can obtain a license to practice medicine.  Many states have minimum education requirements and bypassing college might disqualify you.

You also need to be very careful about which Caribbean school you attend.  The top 4 schools are accepted very well in the US and Canada.  The rest can be problematic for you when it comes time to obtain a license.  The best schools offer US federal student loans (use this as a benchmark, as most of the schools are able to get Canadian loans).  You should also visit either StudentDoctor.net or ValueMD and talk with current students at any of the Caribbean schools.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1253 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite math subject?
Votes: 293