a
t
i
r
juliomarquez8 juliomarquez8
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
I know how to balane simple equations but i get lost when I balance huge ones. Is there a way that works for you? can you give me sample problems so i can practice? also, how can i create the formula with given names of elements, they always have a subscrpit and i don't know why. thankyou a lot.
Read 592 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
12 years ago
u need to look at your periodic table and find out whether the element is in which group.
For example calcium hydroxide,
calcium is in Group II, that means Ca will have 2 valence electron (+2 oxidation state). Ca superscript 2+ .
Then for hydroxide, the oxidation number is -1. OH superscript 1-.
Then when the two ions form bond both oxidation number cross over. So, it will be Ca(OH)subscript 2.

For balancing of equation, there is no unique for me work out. Just have to make sure that the no. of elemtens on the left is equal to the right.
wrote...
12 years ago
Sodium Phosphate
1. Na =1positive charge + PO4 = 3 negative charge
2. you see 3 sociums are requred for every phosphate to cancell 3 negative charges against 3 positive charges.
3.Therefore 3Na+PO4...> ?
if we write 3NaPO4 then we have 3Ma + 3PO4 (3 positive charges and 9 negative charges and the formulae is incorrect)
4. so we write Na3PO4 .. here we have 3 Na and 1 PO4 or 3 positive charges and 3 negative charges.
 The program here does not permit me to show you an easy way out
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1268 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite coffee beverage?
Votes: 274