p
n
C
z
julibyrd julibyrd
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
I have a physics project where I have to take a picture of some sort of physical phenomenon and write an essay describing the physics captured in the picture. It can either be natural (everyday situation that is spontaneous) or contrived (something set up to show particular physics concept that is non-spontaneous). I am stumped and I don't know what type of phenomenon I can take a picture of that would be good. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
Read 1723 times
12 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
Rain, snow, wind in the trees, anything in nature would be great. Capture animals at work- birds building nests, things like that. I don't know, I just love natural phenomenons. Thunderstorms, northern lights, even the sun shining. Beautiful!
wrote...
11 years ago
Someone sledding down a hill. =) Talk about the acceleration, force, wight of the individual and the gravity acting upon them.
wrote...
11 years ago
How about yesterday when some righteous dude threw his shoes at that prick george bush.
wrote...
11 years ago
Yawning might be a good one. Everyone does it. Supposedly when we are tired?  Animals do it, dogs, cats, lions... Maybe you could do something on that? I know there are alot of Articles you'd be able to read about it, it is commonly called a "natural phenomenon"...

Just tossing an Idea at ya!
wrote...
11 years ago
Run a comb through your clean, dry hair a few times.

Now run water in the kitchen sink, just enough where it is a thin stream.  

Move the comb near the stream of water - the stream will bend toward the comb.

Snap a photo, and you're done.  Static electricity at work.
wrote...
11 years ago
PHYSICAL ATTRACTIVENESS
wrote...
11 years ago
Take a picture of concentric ripples on the surface of water - drop something into a pond or puddle and snap away.
You can then describe the wave formation, propagation - if you want to go overboard, start throwing out the fluid mechanics.
Good luck!
wrote...
11 years ago
gravity versus aerodynamics on falling leaves or snowflakes.  Ice forming from water on windows or the cold ground.
wrote...
11 years ago
What kind of physics? Classical studies of motion and momentum? Wave theory? Quantum mechanics? Astrophysics??

OK, how about:
sunlight
car crash
waves crashing on the beach
earthquake
a sneeze
a fly flying
the aurora borealis
snow
rain
fluorescent jellyfish.
Crystals
a roller coaster

just about anything, really.
wrote...
11 years ago
there are tons of things you can photograph!  - static electricity, gravity, inertia, magnetism.... anything, really.

take a photo of the meniscus on a glass of water.  prick it with a pin and write about surface tension.
wrote...
11 years ago
Sure, I'm not sure where you live but,  you can try taking pictures of fog lifting and explaining the process. If there is not any fog around where you are/live then you can make some in a jar. It is a fairly simple process with a simple explanation or a more complicated explanation if you choose.
wrote...
11 years ago
Take a picture of a baseball being hit by a bat. You'll obviously need a friend's help to take the picture. You could write about:

1) An object in motion wants to stay in motion and an object at rest wants to stay at rest. This is why such force in a swing is necessary to hit the ball far.

2) You could talk about how the bat is a lever: The lower your hands on the bat, the more powerful your swing.

3) Talk about the angle of how the bat hits the ball and how depending on the makeup of the angle at the time of contact, the ball will be sent in a different direction.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  967 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 6
Closes: November 4