a
t
i
r
TOLBERTJD TOLBERTJD
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
Iv always wanted to work with animals and would love a job in that field but i feel like a degree in biology wont do much.  What jobs can someone get with a bachelors in biology?
Read 1116 times
7 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
12 years ago
Biology teacher.
wrote...
12 years ago
Something with the government like Department of Natural Resources doing field work
wrote...
12 years ago
If you do not want to be cleaning the cages of animals then I would recommend getting your masters. However if you are open to other experiences that goes beyond animals then I would recommend getting training in medical technology. It is a one year program if you have your degree in biology and you need to make your application during your senior year. Also some labs and universities might hire you as a lab or research assistant. The jobs are there you just have to look closely for them.
wrote...
12 years ago
My boyfriend is a bio major as well as I he's going to dentistry school and oral and whatever that oral surgeon school is called. You can be vetrinarian, dentist, optometrist, university bio teacher there's a variety of things you can do but you have to do more schooling.
wrote...
12 years ago
Potential to go into the medical field. A lab tech possibly, teacher
wrote...
12 years ago
A B.S. in Biology is likely going to lead you more toward the laboratory end of the spectrum vs the hands-on tranquilizing Alaskan Moose side (working with microscopes and chemistry just as much, if not more than with animals. You could also move in a medical direction). If possible, get at least a B.S. in something more specific, like Fisheries and Wildlife Biology, Zoology, or Ecology. A B.S. will allow you to do hands-on field work, but it probably won't allow you to be the man in charge or give you the ability to conduct your own research. A M.S. allows you more freedom and gives you access to higher ranked positions, and the Ph.D. allows access to still higher positions and gives you the opportunity to guide your own research, provided you're good at grant writing. However, generally the higher the position, the more field work gets replaced with paperwork. The key to getting a good job is to get field experience with internships and volunteerism. That stuff is resume gold.

There are jobs available in the private sector, as well as state agencies and federal agencies like the Fish and Wildlife Service and the Forest Service (by far the largest employer in the field).
wrote...
12 years ago
Milking lab rats...
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1233 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 352