× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
smilealways smilealways
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
i am 16 and have been obsessed with the idea of space at the planets and a whole new place beyond earth and i was wondering if i got a bachelors or masters degree in physics or astronomy what types of jobs are available and how much would i be paid?
Read 336 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
12 years ago
There aren't too many jobs in astronomy you can get without a PhD (and you'll certainly need one to do research in the field), but since a good astronomy degree would give you a solid background in math, physics, and some computer science, you'll be eligible for a bunch of other jobs related to those fields.  With a bachelors or masters in astronomy, you could teach high school (or community college with a masters) or work as a support tech or data analyst for a national lab or NASA.  But there aren't a ton of those jobs around.  You'll need a PhD in astronomy to do research in the field, and if you're going to get a PhD in astronomy, a physics major is actually better than an astronomy major (although a double-major in the two is best).  It better prepares you for a graduate program in astronomy, astrophysics, or physics, all of which can lead to a career in astronomy.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1280 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which is the best fuel for late night cramming?
Votes: 145

Previous poll results: What's your favorite coffee beverage?