k
s
P
i
ashu ashu
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
I was planniing on going to school 4 years and getting my degree in physics but I'm not sure what I could do with that degree.
Read 435 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
12 years ago
Well more interesting than mine, anyway. Go for it, if you're good at it!
wrote...
12 years ago
My first job after getting the BS in physics was as a Research Associate in a National Lab.  After a year of doing lab work and such for other projects I started my own project, which had to do with the dynamics of self-guided underwater weapons against third generation submarines.  My work resulted in a paper published in a classified journal that went to the White House and various Navy departments.  Not bad for someone with a BS in physics degree that was only four years old.

Twenty years later I earned my Ph.D.  By then I had led projects in several organizations... mostly think tanks.  Two major projects were an analysis of vulnerability of the U.S. petroleum industry to a nuclear war and the operations analysis of an advanced air traffic control system proposed by IBM.  A really interesting project that I led was an analysis of the defense penetration capability of the Tomahawk missile, which was still in the concept stage at that time.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1225 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion