j
l
d
y
Tokii Tokii
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
I am looking at the list the officer recruiter sent me and I am so confused because they all seem to say a math or science degree preferred except public relations which says business, english, journalism degree preferred. Do I even stand a chance with any of these jobs? Please someone tell me what jobs I can do as an officer with a degree in Psychology. Any input is greatly appreciated!!
Read 605 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
12 years ago
You would stand a better chance of becoming an army officer with a degree in psychology than the navy.  It is just how it goes.  Most of the officer positions in the Navy are rather technical and that is why they are specific with their requirements.  However, if you had a masters or phd in psych you probably could work with a medical unit.  The problem with psych degrees is that there are a ton of them and there is not much the military can do with a 4 year psych degree.
wrote...
12 years ago
In theory, you can be in any officer specialty that does not require a specific academic degree.  Some do (engineers, nuclear, computers, etc.), some don't.
wrote...
12 years ago
with just a bachelors in a non tech degree  you have pretty much almost no shot at a commission unless in PAO ( andf there are less than 50 new PAOs from all sources each year)/ you have exactly zero shot if you do not have higher maths and sciences( calc and eithercald base dor algebra based physics).  

iin order to be a LCSW or psychologist you need a Masters or doctorate minimum.

the Navy did not hold all their boards this year and the last one for FY 2010 has been pushed to FY 2011( September)
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1659 People Browsing
 108 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 119
Closes: November 4