t
i
r
r
ashxo ashxo
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
Hi, I am in my junior year of my college right now and I just decided not to continue my pre-med pursuit because of my aversion for labs. I am considering staying for one extra year and double-major in comparative literature and psychology. I heard it is almost impossible to get a decent-paying job with a literature degree. So it psychology a better option? I like literature more and the only psychology class i took kind of turned me off because of its strictly scientific nature.
Read 495 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
12 years ago
Yes, usually literature majors get jobs at Dairy Queen. You'll probably end up at an Applebee's or TGI Fridays.
wrote...
12 years ago
Listen, if you think literature is a better route than medical school, you're nuts....so you may want to major in Psychology to figure out yourself....However, a Masters in Psych is almost worthless...except for the credential value...however it may land you a community mental health counseling degree with a bachelor's in Social Work/Master's in counseling....so if you're going to go big...go for a Phd...And become a psychiatrist.....Now that's good money. Put the Lit. on the back burner unless you want to end up reading poetry to a bunch of Fleebs at some coffee stand across the street from Border's.
wrote...
12 years ago
To get the better paying jobs in psych, you will need a Master's degree (minimum).
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1166 People Browsing
 124 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite coffee beverage?
Votes: 274