a
t
i
r
brownboy009 brownboy009
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
8 years ago
Deamination of 5-methylcytosine results in thymine and ammonia. this is the most common single nucleotide mutation in humans. Another type of spontaneous deamination in liver hydrolyses cytosine into uracil releasing ammonia. what will happen in both cases if this change remains un-repaired?
Read 974 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
8 years ago
Deamination is the removal of an amine group from a molecule. Enzymes that catalyse this reaction are called deaminases. Spontaneous deamination is the hydrolysis reaction of cytosine into uracil, releasing ammonia in the process.In DNA, this spontaneous deamination is corrected for by the removal of uracil (product of cytosine deamination and not part of DNA) by uracil-DNA glycosylase, generating an abasic (AP) site. The resulting abasic site is then recognised by enzymes (AP endonucleases) that break a phosphodiester bond in the DNA, permitting the repair of the resulting lesion by replacement with another cytosine.Spontaneous deamination of 5-methylcytosine results in thymine and ammonia. This is the most common single nucleotide mutation.
When you like a flower, you just pluck it out.
But when you love a flower, you water it daily.
The one who understands this, understands life.

- That's the difference between I like you and I love you.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1279 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which is the best fuel for late night cramming?
Votes: 145

Previous poll results: What's your favorite coffee beverage?