H
a
c
k
Juliakg1 Juliakg1
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
I live in Oregon and I'm flying to Kansas City tomorrow! I'm just nervous because i have absolutely no idea what turbulence is and i heard it's scary. Also about the ear popping! I'm used to the ones that occur when going up hill but how fast does it happen on plane? I also want to know if it has the roller coaster feeling? I hate it!
Read 795 times
5 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
12 years ago
hey, don't worry! there's nothing really scary about it.

turbulence, it doesn't happen for long. but it happens pretty often. basically the plane encounters a bumpy course, and the flight might be a little bumpy. but it's the equivalent of driving over a potholed road.

the ear popping.. it's kind of gradual i guess, as the airplane gets higher and higher. but the discomfort is pretty constant afterwards as your ears get used to it. you won't get any of the roller coaster feeling, don't worry!

good luck, safe flight Slight Smile
wrote...
12 years ago
hi don't worry i am a virtual pilot i've done some flights in this City  and, i study some flying theory and practice,:) however Don't Worry i hope you have a fun on the jetplane or airplane Smiling Face with Open Mouth that's it see you ciauz!
wrote...
12 years ago
When a plane takes off its kind of thrilling but nothing near a roller coaster so don't worry. Turbulence is basically wind hitting the plane, but if u get nervous just bring and i pod or mp3 and listen to that. The ear popping is worse than going up a hill but ur ears only pop after takeoff and a little before landing. Before u take off put a piece of gum in your mouth and that should help ur ears from not hurting. Hope this helped:]

wrote...
12 years ago
First off- don't assume you will hit tubulence, it could be a ride that's as smooth as silk. If you do, just realize that it's ok, the plane is not going to crash or anything like that. With the computerized radar systems, pilots can get up to the second info on turbulence and will either climb higher out of it or try and go around. Turbulence is like hitting a pothole in the road, some are a little deeper than others so the pilot may slow the speed somewhat if it's minor turbulence.
Also, not everyone's ears pop, the cabins are pressurized but just in case, bring some gum to chew on. Have a great flight !
wrote...
12 years ago
flying isn't scary

you don't get the roller coaster feeling, I'm scared of roller coasters and they don't have the same feeling.
the ear popping happens when the airplane starts going up, but you can get rid of that

its actually fun. have funn
Slight Smile
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1075 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
How often do you eat-out per week?
Votes: 81