s
a
t
i
r
Fuaza Fuaza
wrote...
8 years ago
List three factors that encourage drinking during college.
Textbook 
My Health: An Outcomes Approach

Edition: 1st
Author:
Read 255 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
8 years ago
1. Many student customs (e.g., Greek rush), norms (e.g., reputation as party schools), and traditional celebrations (e.g., St. Patrick's Day) encourage drinking.
2. Alcohol advertising and promotions target students.
3. College students are particularly vulnerable to peer influence.
4. College women tend to care how much men want them to drink and overestimate how much men prefer they consume.
5. Students believe that alcohol will make them feel better, less stressed, more sociable, and less self-conscious. The primary expectations of students going to bars and nightclubs are becoming intoxicated, socializing with friends, seeking romance or sex, and relieving stress.
6. More than 80 percent of college students drink alcohol to celebrate their 21st birthday, and they consume an average of nearly 13 drinks, with estimated blood alcohol concentrations (BACs) of 19 percent or higher.
7. Students drink as part of hazing rituals, with more than 50 percent of students in Greek and athletic organizations doing so.
8. The low price of alcohol is strongly related to higher rates of drinking and binging.
9. Campus communities with more bars and alcohol outlets have a higher rate of binge drinking.
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile
Fuaza Author
wrote...
8 years ago
Yup, it's correct Slight Smile Vote with confidence people.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1303 People Browsing
Related Images