a
t
i
r
rk90 rk90
wrote...
Rep: 2 0
11 years ago
Fifteen years ago I started school to get my AA in Elementary Ed. I was planning to transfer and get my BA, but I had a baby and ended up dropping out of school to take a job as a Teacher's Aid. I was a TA for 2 years, then taught at a private school that did not require certification for another two years. After that, I knew that I was done teaching. Period.
For the last 10 years I have worked in customer service, and am now burned out. For the past 5 months I've been working at a job where I basically do nothing, thinking that if I took a break I could get worked up to go back to customer service- but I'm not. I can think of nothing I would want to do less... except teaching.
My fiance is trying to convince me to go back to school, but the only thing that really interests me is Sociology. Does anyone know what kind of career can be had with an associates degree in sociology?
Read 806 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
Like most human relations degrees, you really need at least a B.S or a M.A./M.S for most benefit.  May I suggest that your major be in Psychology, rather than Sociology.  A solid basis in Psychology gets you in the door for any equivalent education in either Sociology, Social Work, or Criminal Justice.  It also is more easily transferable for credits when you make small changes in your future education, if any.  A degree in psychology allows you to fit more easily between divergent camps in social work and criminal justice.  Most systems of Government allow you to have a minimum education and experience substitute for the entry level positions.  Another option is Gender Studies, or Battered Women's Centers where some states give grants for Victim's Advocate positions.  Do not be afraid to call your local Department of Children's Services or Probation/Parole Office and ask to come speak to a office manager about what is needed to come to work.  Some even have Paid Internships while in college.  Good luck, and remember they can never take away your education!
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1332 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion