a
t
i
r
m1ntyfre5h m1ntyfre5h
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
I'm not sure how many of you are from BC/Canada, but does anyone have opinions on BCIT's accelerated nursing program? I'm currently a second year Biology student at UBC and am interested in applying for the following year but would like to hear some personal accounts from professionals in the field (preferably BCIT nursing graduates).  Slight Smile
Read 1902 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
I'm in BCIT's 3 year program. I don't know if this is actually accelerated, because we're forced to take non-nursing electives in the summer (if we don't already have the credits). From talking with people both in the healthcare industry and outside of it, BCIT seems to have a good reputation. I'm nearing the end of my first year, and I can understand why. There is a HUGE focus on hands on learning. We started our clinical days just 2 weeks into the program! Mind you, at that time we could only take pulses and talk to patients, but it shows you just how much the focus is on hands on learning. It's one thing to practice on the dolls and simulation lab dolls, but its a completely different thing to practice on actual living breathing humans. While I can't confirm the schedules for the upper levels, I know in levels 1 and 2 you spend 2 days a week in the hospital, doing 5-6 hour shifts each time.

I hope this helps!
W
wrote...
11 years ago
Oh yes, that does help!! I have also heard that BCIT places a greater emphasis on hands-on and problem-based learning. I'll probably apply later this year once applications open. Thanks for your input! It's always nice to hear a current student's perspective.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1062 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which country would you like to visit for its food?
Votes: 204