a
t
i
r
fisher 2012 fisher 2012
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
I recently found out I have been anemic for most of my adult life....for the last 10 yrs or more (blood count is 9)....and my hair has been thinning noticably in the last 3 years.... Could it be caused by the anemia? and if so, once I get my blood counts up to normal and maintain that, will my hair thicken up again?
Read 1059 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
12 years ago
Yes it does.  Also thyroid problems lead to hair thinning.  As does malnutrition.
wrote...
12 years ago
Yeah, I am anemic, and my hair comes out in lumps when I brush it.  If you get your count up and maintain it for some length of time, then your hair should thicken, Try eating things such as eggs, red meat, carrots oh and chocolate cake, believe it or not is also a good source of iron. (Its the only one of many high iron foods I like) but a good supplement from your doc should help too.
wrote...
12 years ago
Well I know anemia caused by a lack of biotin, fatty acids, B5 or riboflavin can cause hair loss, so I suppose that iron deficiency anemia would do the same.
wrote...
12 years ago
thats interesting because i used to be slightly anemic but never did anything about it and my hair has thinned a lot too in the last years. hmm, think i'll check into it....
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1235 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Where do you get your textbooks?
Votes: 372