a
t
i
r
fishhunter8 fishhunter8
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
I have a son in algebra, studying the n power, can someone enlighten me as to what that means.?
Read 947 times
8 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
The nth power is used to figure out the next sequences in an arithmatic sequence. Use the equation An= A1 +(n-1)d "An" is the first term and the number of the term you need. Such as finding the 8 term in the sequence 3, 6, 9... so 3 is the first term. Then a1 is the first term. N is the nmber of the term you need. and "d" is the difference. in the sequence abouve, the difference is 3. your equation wuld be An=3+(8-1)3...solve it like an equation.
wrote...
11 years ago
To the n power simply means squared, cubed, etc. numbers. For example 4 cubed is 4 to the power of 3 or 5 squared is 5 to the power of 2. The n represents the number that it is to the power of when you don't know what it is.
wrote...
11 years ago
It is a set of principles in the Pythagorean theorem for finding the area of sets of triangles to the nth power were n is the integer.
wrote...
11 years ago
The 'n' represents an unknown exponent.

For example, if a term such as 2^n were used in an equation, the equation would most likely be solved using logarithms. 2^n would then become n Log 2, or n(0.301), or 0.301n. Something like that.
wrote...
11 years ago
I'm a junior in Algebra 2 the n power is and number the base (the big number) to exponent (n) (the little number) which is then solved by multiplying the base times its self to the exponent's value

example 10^4 is 10x10x10x10
wrote...
11 years ago
n = number of times

2^n
2^2 = 4
2^3 = 8
You're replacing a number for the "n"  wherever it shows up in the equation or a formula.
wrote...
11 years ago
A number (n) is the power of a number. For example 2 to the n power could be 2 squared, 2 to the -7th power all the way to 2 to the millionth power and beyond.
Also to be to the nth power of something is the origenal number (2 for instense) multiplied by itself n times. So 2 to the 3rd power would be 2x2x2 which equals 8
wrote...
11 years ago
The n represents an unknown exponent

Such as if 3n=24

n=8
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1284 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 352