a
t
i
r
dattallmofo_ dattallmofo_
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
please help me, this is for a project, and I just need additional opinions and thoughts, thank you Slight Smile
Read 610 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
well viruses are not living because they cannot reproduce by them selves but need a host cell, they also do not carry out life processes such as respiration or metabolism. They are alive in that they have a strain of DNA and "reproduce" using a host cell.
wrote...
11 years ago
You could make the argument that they are alive.  They reproduce and use genetic material to evolve.  They are, in my opinion, more like replication machinery that went haywire.  They do have the ability to evolve and reproduce only as long as they take advantage of living cells.  It is a gray area but I wouldn't consider them living in the same sense as other life.
wrote...
11 years ago
They compare to living things because they can spread their genetic material. It isn't clear if they are alive, or just a bunch of chemicals. It's most safe to say that they are just chemicals with living characteristics.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1289 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 3
Closes: November 4