a
t
i
r
new-york-er new-york-er
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
8 years ago
The adult child of a patient diagnosed with major depression asks, "Do you think depression and physical illness are connected? Since my father's death, my mother has had shingles and the flu, but she's usually not one who gets sick." Which answer by the nurse best reflects current knowledge about psychoneuroimmunology?
a.   "It is probably a coincidence. Emotions and physical responses travel on different tracts of the nervous system."
b.   "You may be paying more attention to your mother since your father died and noticing more things such as minor illnesses."
c.   "So far, research on emotions or stress and becoming ill more easily is unclear. We do not know for sure if there is a link."
d.   "Negative emotions and stress may interfere with the body's ability to protect itself and can increase the likelihood of infection."
Textbook 
Varcarolis' Foundations of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing: A Clinical Approach

Varcarolis' Foundations of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing: A Clinical Approach

Edition: 7th
Author:
Read 259 times
3 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
espresoespreso
wrote...
Top Poster
8 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
More solutions for this book are available here