Top Posters
Since Sunday
new-york-er new-york-er
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
8 years ago
A nurse is anxious about assessing the sexual history of a patient who is considerably older than the nurse is. Which statement would be most appropriate for obtaining information about the patient's sexual practices?
a.   "Some people are not sexually active, others have a partner, and some have several partners. What has been your pattern?"
b.   "Sexual health can reflect a number of medical problems, so I'd like to ask if you have any sexual problems you think we should know about."
c.   "It's your own business, of course, but it might be helpful for us to have some information about your sexual history. Could you tell me about that, please?"
d.   "I would appreciate it if you could share your sexual history with me so I can share it with your health care provider. It might be helpful in planning your treatment."
Textbook 
Varcarolis' Foundations of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing: A Clinical Approach

Varcarolis' Foundations of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing: A Clinical Approach

Edition: 7th
Author:
Read 598 times
3 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
espresoespreso
wrote...
Top Poster
8 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
More solutions for this book are available here
This verified answer contains over 150 words.