d
a
g
j
tommynkell tommynkell
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
I need to take coenzyme A for my dietary purpose,can i take Vitamin B5 as a substitute?
Read 667 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
12 years ago
Vitamin B-5 is a building block of coenzyme A, an important molecule that controls or contributes to cellular processes throughout the body. Coenzyme A alters proteins in the body, changing their activity. It also assists in the synthesis of melatonin, acetylcholine and hemoglobin. Coenzyme A works in the liver to metabolize toxins. It also contributes to metabolism, the process of breaking down food into energy. It operates as a vital molecule in the citric acid cycle, a series of chemical reactions that breaks fats, protein and carbohydrates into oxygen, water and the energy molecule ATP. Without coenzyme A, cellular metabolism would grind to a halt...... Vitamin B5 is also necessary for fat production,according to the World's Healthiest Foods. The body uses a form of vitamin B5 called coenzyme A to synthesizethe cholesterol and fatty acids.
wrote...
12 years ago
B5 is pantothenic acid
Coenzyme A is a protein enzyme which aids in various reactions in intermediary metabolism (digestion).
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  2094 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which country would you like to visit for its food?
Votes: 262