j
s
b
j
u
PRGirl PRGirl
wrote...
8 years ago
Hi All, I need a little help with answering this question. My main experience is within the finance field but within this field I do not manipulate the data much I go by what is on the books. Therefore in this same realm of finance how can I answer this question? This is not for school, it is for me to be able to obtain an interview. Hope someone can help me.

Briefly explain your experience manipulating data as well as making recommendations based on findings?

Thanks for any help you can provide!
Read 261 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
8 years ago
Manipulating data is that process of re-sorting, rearranging and otherwise moving your research data, without fundamentally changing it. This is used both as a preparatory technique – i.e. as a precursor to some other activity – or as a means of exploring the data as an analytic tool in its own right.

One of the key characteristics of a manipulation technique versus related techniques like transformation is that the underlying data remains unchanged. The main thing we’re doing is changing the relationship – logical or physical – that one piece of data has with another.

Reorganizing the data helps us to identify patterns that may otherwise not be apparent. In fact, it is almost certain that most patterns won’t be visible at first glance.
Source  http://johnnyholland.org/2009/08/manipulating-data/
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1211 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
How often do you eat-out per week?
Votes: 81