a
t
i
r
hasanqusay hasanqusay
wrote...
13 years ago Edited: 13 years ago, hasanqusay
hey everybody >>> happy saturday >>> i have some lab questions today >>>

1.what should you do if you spill chemicals during a lab?
2.Which part of the meniscus should be level with the line?
3.which is more accurate tool for measuring, an Erlynmeyer flask or a graduated cylinder?
4.list teo instances goggles should be worn?

and thanks for everybody who helps >>> have a nice weekend
Read 802 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
13 years ago
1) You should immediately report it to the supervisor or teacher. If you spill acid or any other corrosive chemical on you skin or clothes immediately wash area with large amounts of water (remember that small amounts of water may be worse that no water at all).  After this get the teacher’s attention.  The spill kit will be used for spills on floor or counter-top.

2) Measure the meniscus at eye level from the center of the meniscus. In the case of water and most liquids, the meniscus is concave.

3) Graduated cylinder. A graduated cylinder is more accurate and precise than a beaker in liquid measurements because of several reasons. One reason is the graduated cylinder's narrow and cylindrical shape helps one read a liquid measurement more reliably than the wide shape of a beaker.

4) Goggles should be worn when there is potential for splash from a hazardous material. Or, when a chemical is very volatile, that is, it changes states very quickly (i.e. liquid to gas).
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1322 People Browsing
Related Images