Top Posters
Since Sunday
ppk ppk
wrote...
Valued Member
On Hiatus
13 years ago
This is something that scares me.

This study asked 342 participants whether they would donate a kidney with varying payments of $0, $10,000 and $100,000. The study called for a real-world test of a regulated payment system. The possibility of payments nearly doubled the number of participants in the study who said they would donate a kidney to a stranger, but it did not influence those with lower income levels more than those with higher incomes.
Read 1082 times
5 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
13 years ago
I have to admit that I would also be more inclined to donate an organ to a stranger if I was getting monetary compensation. It would depend on my situation at the time and whether I needed the money or not however, but I can completely understand how people would be more inclined to give something to a stranger if they were being paid.
~Live well, laugh often, and love with all of your heart!~
wrote...
13 years ago
Wow, I will never do it.
wrote...
13 years ago
just goes to show people are becoming less generous nowadays
you are what you eat (inside biology joke)
wrote...
13 years ago
I'd rather keep my kidneys, but 100,000$ sounds pretty awesome....
wrote...
Donated
12 years ago
I would never do this for money.  My grandma only has one kidney and one of us have always said that if she ever needs one we will give her one of ours. I heard several years back that someone sold one on EBAY for alot of $$$$. I say its all GREED!!
HOPE*FAITH*LOVE
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1273 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite math subject?
Votes: 293