× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
rkbrookover rkbrookover
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
11 years ago
I would also like to look into a source on this as well, please tell me if there is one.
Read 425 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
Introns and exons are both present in eukaryotes, which are monocistronic. If the introns were translated as well, the polypeptide sequence would obviously be completely different - the required proteins would never be synthesised.
wrote...
11 years ago
I they both would be expressed the resulting protein would not be of any use (unable to serve any useful purpose) so it would just spend some time in the cytoplasm before being digested by enzymes.
I don't have any particular source to site but if you are looking for a scientific way to account for it, I think you should look in the gene expression regulation topic! One you go through the steps of the regulation you will know on which of those steps that invalid protein will be destroyed but if you are looking for a particular study then most likely you won't find one :/ I don't think the proteins get expressed that way
wrote...
11 years ago
It's not always bad. Intron mediated enhancement can be beneficial.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1243 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion