a
t
i
r
sm454361 sm454361
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
Think about this way back when evolution was forming. How was this trait useful to cave people.
Share whatever is in your  imaginations.
Read 647 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
This sounds like a stupid homework assignment. Tell your teacher this: there is NO reason something like that would become dominant. Some mutations happen randomly, and spread just because those people go and have sex. It's all chance.
wrote...
11 years ago
Well, since cavemen were hunter-gatherers, they had to eat whatever food they could find or forage. Their meat and maybe their plants would probably have been tough in texture because they couldn't cook it and soften it up, so the ability to roll their tongue would help them chew and swallow the food. Another theory is that tongue rolling by cavemen helped them speak better and more clearly.
wrote...
11 years ago
I like the idea proposed by beatlesloverforever - that it assisted with chewing.

But I also have to agree with doctorevil64. There is an evolutionary phenomenon called "Genetic Drift", which is where a trait that provides no advantage or disadvantage just randomly becomes more common in a population (for example, blue eyes in northern europeans). This *is* evolution - but not by Natural Selection.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1200 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Do you believe in global warming?
Votes: 370