a
t
i
r
rizzy81 rizzy81
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
11 years ago
I am doing a project and it says I have to be lawyer of a client who is a father has a blood type B. The women against him saying it's his child is a blood type O. The child had a blood type A. I have to explain to the Jury if the child is his. Also another question on this one too. Two parents IAIB and IBiO produce a child. Determine what the probability is that the child will display each of 4 ABO blood types. Use Punnett square and provide genotypic ratios
Read 338 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
Funny, I have a problem just like this one in my Genetics book, but you don't have to do alot of calculations like I did. Here's how to solve it.

1) It's obvious that the father didn't help conceive the child. The father has a B blood type, the mother has a O blood type, and the child has an A blood type. The only way the mother would have an A blood type child is if she laid down with a man with blood type A. If it was from the father, then the only two blood type the child would have is either B or O.

2) If you do a Punnett square of AiBi x Bi ii, you get: AB, BB, Ai, and Bi. So you get a blood type AB at a probability of 1/4 (25%), a blood type B at a probability of 2/4 (50%), a blood type A at a probability of 1/4 (25%), and a blood type O at a probability of 0/4 (0%)
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1422 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Do you believe in global warming?
Votes: 370

Previous poll results: Where do you get your textbooks?