I
n
a
C
s
m
wrote...
3 years ago
The nurse is working with a family who survived a tornado. As part of providing care to the family, the nurse is reviewing normal reaction and emotions they may experience as a result of the traumatic event. Which conclusions does the nurse make? Select all that apply.
A) Each family member talks to the nurse openly and freely.
B) Some family members have difficulty accepting help.
C) Each member of the family has a different way of coping.
D) All family members will experience anxiety about self and family safety.
E) All family members will process the experience at about the same pace.
Textbook 

Nursing: A Concept-Based Approach to Learning, Volume I

Edition: 2nd
Author:
Read 97 times
3 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
wrote...
Top Poster
3 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything.
B, C, D
My reasoning: Anxiety about self and family's safety is an initial reaction after an individual's safety has been in jeopardy. Each member of the family has a different way of coping. Family members are all at different levels of maturity and have different coping skills. Some family members have difficulty accepting help. Different family members will respond in various ways to offers of help due to each person's individuality and coping style. Communication is difficult for most clients after a sudden crisis, so it is unlikely that they will talk to the nurse openly and freely. All family members will process the experience at about the same pace is incorrect because family members' different maturity levels and coping skills will affect how quickly or slowly they process the experience.

This verified answer contains over 130 words.
Fourth-year nursing student at Tuskegee University