t
i
r
r
julesarth julesarth
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
What can happen if you have an excessive amount of oxytocin secreted. Is there any side affects or abnormalities?
Read 349 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
Yes, death.
wrote...
11 years ago
i wouldn't know - i'm not sure that it's a very common thing.

in theory, though, you would probably be in a pretty blissful state.
wrote...
11 years ago
I had a knee reconstruction and used Oxycodone (otherwise known as oxycontin). Be warned it makes it extremely hard to go to the toilet. Also, make sure u don't take too much because it is very easy to suffer form withdrawal symptoms. My symptoms were Shivering, feeling cold and i had a very sore knee!
Some of the symptoms of an overdose: breathing will stop or it wil be reduced, fall into unconsciousness, your circulatory system will collapse, cardiac arrest ( heart attack) and eventually death will occur. Look out for the skin to start going cold and there will be a blue tinge to the lips. This means that they are not getting enough oxygen.
If an overdose if suspected being the person to an ED asap!
so yeah in short, if you take an excessive amount of Oxycontin the chances are very high that death can occur.
EDIT: sorry i thought this question was about Oxycontin.
My bad....
wrote...
11 years ago
Lactation (activation of the milk letdown reflux), uterine contractions. Oxytocin is released in small amounts in high association with feelings of love. It is one of the two hormones manufactured by the posterior pituitiary, the other being ADH.

Oxycontin is a drug. Oxytocin is a naturally occuring endogenous hormone.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1395 People Browsing
 105 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Where do you get your textbooks?
Votes: 372