s
a
t
i
r
grizlet grizlet
wrote...
8 years ago
How did neoclassical criminology develop out of the Classical School? What were some of the major contributions of neoclassical criminology to the field of criminology?
Textbook 
Criminology Today: An Integrative Introduction

Criminology Today: An Integrative Introduction

Edition: 8th
Author:
Read 245 times
2 Replies
Studying law!

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
7 years ago
  In your answer, you must compare the Classical School emphasis on free will and individual choice as the root causes of crime with the development of positivism, with its emphasis on hard determinism and the scientific method. They should include a discussion of the events of the 1970s that undermined many of the assumptions of positivism, explain how the neoclassical movement began, and review its position as a middle ground between total free will and hard determinism. In your answer, you must also mention how neoclassical thought expands the role of punishment from the Classical School idea of punishment as a deterrent to also support the concept of retribution.
You are the air I breathe. You are the earth beneath. You are my destination.
grizlet Author
wrote...
7 years ago
I've asked this question on other forums too, you were the only one to get it right. I appreciate the help
Studying law!
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1230 People Browsing
Related Images