j
l
d
y
juggler2020 juggler2020
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
It struck me while watching the press conference today after Obama attempted and failed to take the podium back from Clinton that he appeared weak. It also struck me as odd that he left Bill Clinton to finish the press conference and walked out 30 minutes early. Do you think it was a mistake for him to hold a press conference where Bill Clinton was in control of the podium?
Read 1593 times
13 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
12 years ago
He looked like a novice well before that.
wrote...
12 years ago
Next week, he's going to have Carter there and they will have a three stooges slap-a-thon.  I can hardly wait for the hilarity.
wrote...
12 years ago
lol.  Oh Yes.

Professional vs. Community Organizer
wrote...
12 years ago
I'm surprised Bill even showed up, considering his anger at being labeled "a racist" during the campaign by the obama camp.
wrote...
12 years ago
He looked just fine on the radio
RJ
wrote...
12 years ago
obama is always the least capable person in the room!!!
wrote...
12 years ago
It is pretty hard to look worse than sleaze ball Clinton. But Obama pulled it off.
wrote...
12 years ago
It was awkward.  You missed one point.  Obama told Clinton that someone would signal him to wrap it up after a question or two.  Obama pointed at the guy.  Clinton ignored the signal.  He was in his element!

Having said all that, Bill Clinton did a remarkable job.  No teleprompter or notes.  Introspection grounded in a clear command of the facts, the numbers, and historical perspective.  In the end, he helped Obama sway some of the talking heads out there and possibly a Democrat politician or two.
wrote...
12 years ago
0bama was called down to the minors today, and Bill got put back on the mound to pitch cleanup. 0bama was pitching a no-striker. Clinton told him to go sit in the back of the bus where he belongs. Rush said, in any given room where 0bama is present, he is the least experienced individual in that room. of course, even with slick Willie's slickness. Most people could still see through the lies and historical nonsense.
wrote...
12 years ago
I was calling Obama a total rookie three years ago - the least experienced guy in any room he walks into.

Today I felt quite vindicated. This is what happens when a guy who has not even worked as the manager of a hamburger stand gets elected as president.
wrote...
12 years ago
They looked like a serious President and former President trying to enable everyone to become bipartisan enough to actually help American people instead of playing political games.
In fact calling in Clinton was a very huge showing of humility by President Obama, who some say is arrogant.
I think Obama is doing whatever he can to help Americans. Though Congress, I'm not so sure they aren't just out for themselves. And that is both sides of the isle.

@Home School produces winners:
Oh, and by the way. It looks like Home School produces racists too. "Back of the bus," Are you serious?!!! Grow up. Then you quote Rush, why am I not surprised.
wrote...
12 years ago
No, I don't think President Obama looked like a novice standing next to the former president.  But Clinton did look like he was the president doing a press conference.  I don't know (we may never know) why Clinton was there.  My understanding was that he (clinton) was invited to a meeting by prominent Democrats held at the White House just before the press conference.  And I guess someone decided to ask him if he might lend a hand to show support for President Obama's tax cut deal with Republicans.  And Clinton obliged. While his appearance was unusual, I saw nothing wrong with it.  Former presidents are always asked for advice by incumbents, especially those in the same party.  Perhaps you didn't know that Bill Clinton himself asked George H.W. Bush for advice when Clinton ran into difficulty with Republicans in his second term.  President Obama was running late for a Christmas Party with the First Lady and he had to leave.  President Clinton was repeatedly taken advantage of (asked questions repeatedly) by the media because his appearance at the press conference was quite unusual.
wrote...
12 years ago
Like I said in another post, I just thought it was weird. The whole thing. Especially the part when Obama left to go to a party. like what the hell was that? I really think we're screwed. We don't have a leader imo.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1537 People Browsing
 179 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who's your favorite biologist?
Votes: 608