j
c
l
e
s
judypn judypn
wrote...
12 years ago
Many mainline Chrisians view Mormanism as being outsdie of the Christian faith.  could this be what Rick Santorum did so well in Iowa?
Read 677 times
11 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
12 years ago
Could be.  I guess the Christians would rather have a Catholic.
wrote...
12 years ago
Mainly because he did numerous amounts of campaigning in Iowa, visiting business's and companies and gaining momentum for his race. So that might have been a factor for maybe a couple hundred people but not an overall reason why he did so well.
wrote...
12 years ago
Romney, 2008 - 30,021 votes
Romney, 2012 - 30,015 votes

Notice anything?

Santorum worked him rear end off, went to every single county, and held over 300 town hall meetings.  That is why Santorum elevated his position so much in Iowa.

If it were about religion, Bachmann would have been the evangelical darling, though Santorum is obviously unapologetically Christian.

Romney sounds about as wooden as Dutch shoes.
juicylucy Author
wrote...
12 years ago
I don't think it has to do with Mitt Romney, I think it's just because of Rick Santorum. I'm not a fan of him at all, but he knew he was speaking to highly religious people and he used his speeches to promote family values. He found what the voters in that area specifically wanted in a candidate and he used that part of his campaign for this state. Now that he is going to to New Hampshire, he has to see the important issues to them. So like I said, I don't think it's because Mitt Romneys Mormon, I just think its because he played into that demographic.
wrote...
12 years ago
If religion had anything to do with it - than I'd say he was very demonic like with his attacks.  Maybe if he stuck with what he can do for the country instead of harping on what he feels other's do wrong he might have a better shot.
wrote...
12 years ago
Santorum is a flash in the pan.  He has no organization outside of Iowa, and even less money.

Both Ron Paul and Mitt Romney are the only ones with a national organization.  Everyone else is running for Vice President or for a place on Fox News (or maybe the 2016 Presidential election, perhaps).
wrote...
12 years ago
Iowa is considered republican conservative
Santorum is more conservative then Romney
but
it takes a moderate like Romney
to win an election not just a primary
RJ
wrote...
12 years ago
Mitt Romney?! I dont know why people even like this guy..Ron Paul 2012!!! Hes for the people and the constitution!!! He wants to give us back our freedom!!! Dont waste your vote on some one who will put this country in a deeper hole! RON PAUL 2012!!!!
wrote...
12 years ago
that was certainly a good part of it, but not all. there are plenty of people who simply don't trust Mitt and don't believe he's a real Republican..
wrote...
12 years ago
Rick "Man on Dog" Santorum seems to be the favored candidate amongst Christians. They don't like Mormons.
wrote...
12 years ago
Yes.

But many mainline Christians do view Mormonism as being Christian and I expect we'll see less of the religion issue as the campaigns move out of far right evangelical territory.  Besides Santorum doesn't have the money or organization to keep moving across the country and when faced with the choice evangelicals and the media will be able to see a few things.  
1) Romney took a bullet for his party by stepping down early last election.  
2) Mormons don't vote in a block, in fact Huntsman is still in the race.
3) Evangelicals are a minority in the party compared to swing voters and defectors from the democratic party.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  471 People Browsing
 106 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which of the following is the best resource to supplement your studies:
Votes: 365