× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
Catracho Catracho
wrote...
Rep: 2 0
5 years ago
You are helping out in a middle school classroom. One of the students in the class is finding a math worksheet challenging, and while working on it with you, he says, “I’m just not very smart.” Consider your newfound scientific understanding of thinking and intelligence. Choose one topic from among the following: the availability heuristic, multiple intelligences, attitudes about intelligence, grit (or, for that matter, anything else covered in this chapter). How can you draw upon this concept to formulate a response to the student that will better position him for eventual academic success?
Read 150 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
5 years ago
Multiple intelligence is a good one. This is just my personal opinion, but I think it's likely that this student is talented in other areas; perhaps his/her logical part of the  brain isn't as well-developed as say the part of the brain that deals with creativity, art, language, etc. This student may excel more so in music or in language classes than a student whose very successful at math. Said differently, a math person may not have a well-developed creative brain, hence is more interested in numbers than abstract material.

Intelligence is multi-dimensional, and there's always potential for anyone to succeed just as long as they practice and work hard to achieve their own personal goals.

Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1137 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Where do you get your textbooks?
Votes: 372

Previous poll results: Who's your favorite biologist?