a
t
i
r
jules_78 jules_78
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
The mother, I know is pure Filipino, with all relatives with brown, even black eyes.  The father has brown eyes, his father has blue eyes and mother has brown eyes.  Their child has green eyes.
Read 1047 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
You can not determine for sure if a person with black or brown eyes is a homozygous without a genetic test even if as far as you know all the relatives of that person have brown or black eye. Therefore the mom could be heterozygous and if the dad is also heterozygous, then yes, their child can have green eyes.
wrote...
11 years ago
Yes it is possible because the eye color is determined by more than one gene.  The father's grandparents could have had green eyes.  My father had brown eyes, my mother has hazel eyes, mine are green.
wrote...
11 years ago
Eye color is polygenic (coded for by several genes) therefore it is possible considering that they carry contributing alleles for the said trait. The more contributing alleles (alleles which codes for a darker eye color) the darker the eyes would be. Therefore whatever the color of the eyes of the parents are not the bases instead it is the number of contributing alleles passed on to their offsprings. This is of the same inheritance as height.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1246 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which 'study break' activity do you find most distracting?
Votes: 741