s
a
t
i
r
boyob89 boyob89
wrote...
7 years ago
Briefly discuss how to select among Structured English, decision tables, and decision trees.
Textbook 
Modern Systems Analysis and Design

Modern Systems Analysis and Design

Edition: 4th
Authors:
Read 141 times
3 Replies
Majoring in Economics, minoring in business

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
7 years ago
The selection of the appropriate technique depends on the task you are performing and the purpose of the technique. Decision trees are considered the best technique for determining conditions and actions, transforming conditions and actions into sequence, and checking consistency and completeness. Structured English is the best choice for transforming conditions and actions into sequence. For determining conditions and actions, Structured English is rated second best. For checking consistency and completeness, Structured English is rated third best. Decision tables are rated best for checking consistency and completeness. Decision tables are rated third best for both determining conditions and actions and transforming conditions and actions into sequence. Table 8-2 in the text can be referenced to support this answer. Decision tables and trees are easily checked for completeness, consistency, and degree of redundancy. Decision tables are more compact and easier to manipulate than decision trees. While decision trees are better for representing simpler problems, decision tables are best for portraying complex logic.
boyob89 Author
wrote...
7 years ago
i didn't expect someone to answer, this website is awesome
Majoring in Economics, minoring in business
wrote...
7 years ago
Ping me if you need anything else
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1240 People Browsing
 103 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion