a
t
i
r
Midnightcharm Midnightcharm
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
Cotton is one of the most heavily sprayed crops. Cottonseed oil contains natural toxins and unrefined cottonseed oil is used as a pesticide. There are concerns that cottonseed oil may be highly contaminated with pesticide residues. Plus, it is a naturally hydrogenated oil, which should be limited, if not, avoided in your diet. It is very high in saturated fats too. I can't find a bag of chip, a canister of Mayonnaise, salad dressing,  a can of peanuts, etc without this cottonseed oil in it.
Read 368 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
Why are they promoting it?  Surely you know the answer.  It's very obvious, to add value to their product.

And you think none of the other oilseed crops or trees aren't treated with crop protection products?  Of course they are.  And what about the refining processes used to make the oil edible?  They don't simply squeeze the seeds and there you have it.

As far as the health risks go, palm and coconut oil is far worse for you than any of the other vegetable oils.  Those are the ones you need to be concerned about.

Cottonseed oil used as a pesticide?  Please validate that because I've never heard of anything like that.  Otherwise it's likely some urban myth.  The only possible pesticide would be the old trick of dribbling mineral or vegetable oil on the silks of sweet corn to deter ear worms.  And don't forget that castor oil is lethal in its unrefined state.  People have ingested that stuff for over a hunderd year.  

I hope you don't smoke or use tobacco products because the nicotine in it is deadly poisonous.  I used to use it in the garden as a kid.  The product was named "Black Leaf 40" and was nothing but a liquid nicotine.  And it would certainly kill bugs.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1234 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion