p
n
C
z
Asinense Asinense
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
The college which I am attending this fall has sent me a letter informing me that I was given my second dose of the hepatitis b vaccine fewer than the recommended 28 days between the first and second doses. I had my first dose in July 30, 1997, the second August 20, 1997, and the third December 17, 1997. I was wondering whether I could just get a booster of the vaccine to fix this, or if a titer is needed. Thanks!
Read 370 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
I would just get the immunological tests for Hep B.   Your doctor would probably order them prior to re-initiating the series anyway.  They will show if you have been exposed to/have Hepatitis B and whether not you are immune to it.  

Having the documented immunity via the blood tests will cure this up for good, as well as give proof in case they question it again later or if a future employer/graduate school needs proof later on.
wrote...
11 years ago
Getting a titer is the more scientific approach, but it is more of a hassle and probably more expensive than just getting another shot.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  943 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite funny biology word?
Votes: 329