a
t
i
r
102228r 102228r
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
If you have already had the chickenpox, do you need or still have to have the Varicella immunization shot ?
Read 1090 times
8 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
If you've already had chickenpox, you are immune.  There is no need to get the vaccine.  

The vaccine didn't work on my three kids.  They all got the chickenpox vaccine, but then they all got chickenpox anyway.
wrote...
11 years ago
if you have had the chicken pox then no you do not need the shot, but you can still get the varicella virus again, but it will come as shingles which hurt like a mother trucker
wrote...
11 years ago
For someone that has already had chickenpox, the would not benefit from immunization, but they would benefit from the Zoatavax vaccine, which prevents outbreaks of shingles.
wrote...
11 years ago
If you have chicken pox they still want you to have the Varicella immunization shot when you become elderly to protect against shingles. (Some people lose their immunity in old age).  However, if you had chicken pox you are immune until you become old and their is no need to take the shot before then.
wrote...
11 years ago
No you dont have to, because you already immune to it.
wrote...
Educator
11 years ago
No you dont have to, because you already immune to it.

But the person could acquire shingles.
wrote...
11 years ago
@bio_man you right, I had the chickenpox when I was a kid, entering nursing school I only did the blood work
wrote...
Educator
11 years ago
@bio_man you right, I had the chickenpox when I was a kid, entering nursing school I only did the blood work

I've heard only terrible things about shingles, so be careful Confounded Face
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1210 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Do you believe in global warming?
Votes: 370