a
t
i
r
zzz zzz
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
11 years ago
Some snakes have vestigial legs because they evolved limblessness and retain vestiges of the pelvis. They don't use their vestigial legs anymore.
That's my answer,
Read 4481 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
it is evidence for evolution because they have evolved from a organism that needs their legs to survive to one that does not... therefore their legs are vestigial.
wrote...
11 years ago
I think you have the right idea, just worded it oddly.  I would say, "The presence of vestigial legs on some snakes is considered evidence of evolution because it hints that at one point the snake was an animal that had legs that it used and as it evolved it didn't need the legs so they became useless and are now just extra appendages, like our appendix.
wrote...
11 years ago
this evidence suggests that recent ancestors of snakes had limbs used for walking. as life progressed, these organisms became adapted to slithering and sliding rather than walking or crawling. now this vestigial organs may even prove to be a nuisance for snakes and their relatives.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1264 People Browsing
Related Images