ogyno84 ogyno84
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
A) glycocalyx
B) cholesterol
C) communication proteins
D) phospholipid bilayer

after 7 hours trying to find answers to 100 questions i would greatly appreciate if you could help me out on the last remaining 11 questions. the first one is above

2. which of the following is a function of the plasma membrane?
A) maintaining fluidity of the membrane
B) controlling the passage of substance into and out of the cell
C) creating the basic bilayer of the membrane
D) protection of the membrane

3. Which of the following is a function of proteins in cells?
A) produces vesicles for transport
B) acts to hold phospholipids together within the bilayer
C) maintains fluidity
D) gives plant cells their shape
E) transports nutrients into the cell

4. integral proteins span the entire phospholipid bilayer of the cell membrane.
A) true
B) false

5. You just went to a party, where you ate 5 pieces of cake. You have eaten much more food than you require for making ATP. Which of the following will happen?
A) proteins will be broken down
B) fats will be built
C)Glycolysis will speed up

6. If a cell has 20 individual chromosomes and it undergoes meiosis, how many cells will result, and how many single chromosomes will they contain?
A) 4 cells, each with 10 chromosomes
B) 2 cells, each with 20 chromosomes
C) 2 cells, each with 10 chromosomes
D) 4 cells. each with 20 chromosomes

7. on a hike along the desert slope of the Sierra Nevada Mountains in California, you notice that there is an abundance of pinyon pine and juniper trees. We would identify these 2 plants as:
A) competitors
B) ecological dominants
C) symbiotic species
D) mutualistic species

8. The coral organisms on a coral reed cannot be replaced by any other organism. For that reason, we identify those species as:
A) mutualistic species
B) ecological dominants
C) symbiotic species
D) keystone species

9. a harmless moth that resembles a poisonous wasp is an example of:
A) mutualism
B) mimicry
C) predation
D) commensalism

10. a small woodlot develops in an abandoned agricultural field. This is an example of:
A) primary succession
B) secondary succession
C) competitive exclusion
D) co-predation

11. Which of the following happens when living organisms begin to colonize a new island formed from an underwater volcanic eruption?
A)primary succession
B)co-predation
C)secondary succession
D) competitive exclusion

It's ok if you can't or won't help me out. I still would appreciate if you could tell me where (besides my book) i could find the right answers to my questions.
Read 1241 times
1 Reply