s
a
t
i
r
monroe025 monroe025
wrote...
11 years ago
You are taking care of a client diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver, and you formulate a nursing diagnosis of risk for injury related to bleeding. Which of the following could explain the etiology for this potential problem?

1. Liver disease causes the blood to be more viscous and therefore it is less likely to clot.

2. Inability of the liver to produce essential clotting factors.

3. Clotting factors are hemolyzed rapidly in clients with cirrhosis of the liver leading to an increase in bleeding tendencies.

4. A client with cirrhosis is more likely to have a platelet count of 200,000, which would lead to an increase in bleeding tendencies.
Read 2217 times
5 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
11 years ago
I'd pick 2. What are your thoughts?
monroe025 Author
wrote...
11 years ago
I was thinking #2 as well. However, my professor said another answer could also have been plausible. She puts the NCLEX-style questions on our homework assignments (which I greatly appreciate), and I was just wondering what anyone else thought another answer could be.
wrote...
Educator
11 years ago
I couldn't tell you, to be honest. What did you put?
monroe025 Author
wrote...
11 years ago
Well I stuck with just number 2 (this was turned in quite a while ago), but wrote a short note about it (lol), and I received full credit, so I'm not sure what the other reasonable answer would be. I wrote: I know polycythemia can be related to having liver disease, and that causes blood to be more viscous. However, the way option 1 is worded is wrong,
wrote...
Educator
11 years ago
Nonetheless, thanks for the update, Monroe.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1364 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite math subject?
Votes: 293