H
a
c
k
ilindsey05 ilindsey05
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
How would I get the motor to power the wheels? I don't have a whole lot of money to spin. Also where would I find the parts to do this. I don't want to hear how you don't think its going to work. I've heard you can use a tooth pulley or a v pulley which is best or is there something better to use.
Read 395 times
5 Replies
Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
research stuff on a rear wheel drive vehicle.  Yes, the drive shaft is horizontal, but if you rotate it 90 degrees, it becomes a vertical drive shaft.  If  you  move the pinion gear to the top of the ring gear and point it down, it would not effect the turning of the rear axles because the ring gear is circular.

what you could do is have a pulley on the motor driving another shaft at the rear axle with another pulley.  That shaft would have to have a bearing near the pulley and one near the pinion gear and clamped down there.  basically two parallel shafts, one being the motor, another being the "drive shaft".  the "dirve shaft" is spun by a pulley at the top that is driven by a belt from a pulley on the motor shaft.  The "drive shaft" would then spin the pinon gear that would be on the bottom of the "drive shaft" facing down.  That would then spin a ring gear, which would turn the axles and wheels.  Maybe a chain driven drive shaft would be better.  Good Luck.
wrote...
11 years ago
How about rotating the engine? If the motor is two-stroke, it will run rotated on its side IF you have the carburettor oriented correctly. Should be some position that has everything lining up. Try to not have the spark plug underneath the motor. Build an adapter for the carb.  Drive the wheel axle by chains and sprockets as per normal.
wrote...
11 years ago
Put a friction wheel on the motor shaft and a drive disc on the axle.
Answer accepted by topic starter
rkochrkoch
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free