a
t
i
r
1001232580 1001232580
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
I hear that cleaning restrooms, particularly public restrooms, puts you at risk for tuberculosis.

Is that true? Has anyone else heard this?
Read 477 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
Tuberculosis is a lung disease where you spit blood and No I have not heard of it before sorry Slight Smile
wrote...
11 years ago
Cleaning public restrooms does not increase risk of  tb contraction.  TB is spread via the airborne route - therefore it has the potential to spread very easily to anyone.  People with tb are contagious when they have an active pulmonary infection with an active cough, in which case they can spread this disease to anyone in close proximity if they are not wearing a proper mask. TB does not survive and is not infectious when left on surfaces.
wrote...
11 years ago
I heard from an instructor that TB can be in the Urine when TB attacks the urogenital system.

I also heard it is in spit.

Exposure is one side of the equation.  Your health and immunity is the another component.  There is also the amount of the TB in the air.  If it is prevalent in your community, there is a good chance you may have a good amount of exposure.  TB is endemic in the Philippines and other 3rd world countries.

According to Wiki - TB's bacillus can withstand weak disinfectants and can survive in a dry state for WEEKS
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1202 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 3
Closes: November 4