a
t
i
r
jules_1978 jules_1978
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
11 years ago
Also, how do the processes of transcription and translation differ? Someone help me with this please! Thank you... >___
Read 627 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
DNA replication is the process by which a double helix of DNA 'unzips', and from each strand a new double strand is created. i.e. 1 double strande of DNA -> 2 double strands of DNA, each each 1 of the original strands, and 1 new strand.

DNA transcription is the process by which DNA unzips, a _RNA_ transcript is made from a gene on one of the strands, and this then leaves the nucleus. It then moves to a ribosome in the cytoplasm of the cell, and using the RNA transcript as a template, amino acids are assemble together by the ribosome into a protein.

One makes new DNA, one makes protein via an RNA intermediate.
wrote...
11 years ago
If i put the answer out in scientific language you're gonna be more than confused(personal experience) so here it goes in simpler terms-

DNA is the basic genetic material carrying structure.Its double helical,which means its got two strands,and they're both intertwined and attached by hydrogen bonds.DNA replication is the copy of this double helical DNA strand into a new strand that is just a duplicate of the first(or parent) strand.the new DNA strand formed after replication(as the name suggests)

DNA translation is however different process all together.Translation is one of the sub-processes involved in the syntheses of proteins in our body.translation is preceded by transcription.

Now,as you know,our body synthesis proteins for the various bodily needs,the process of synthesizing these proteins includes Transcription and translation. Transcription happens first.Transcription is the process by which genetic information from DNA is transferred into RNA.this is carried to the RNA in the form of codes.

Translation is the second stage of protein synthesis.In this stage the code of the protein that was carried by the process of transcription is decoded and for every code,a different protein is synthesized by a variety of sub-processes.every protein requires a different code,so the body synthesizes the protein as per the code that it receives.

complicated..but i hope that cleared your doubt!
wrote...
11 years ago
In DNA replication DNA polymerase break the strands and whole chrmosome or DNA molecule is copped.

In transcription RNA polymerase works and mRNA is formed of a specific portion known as gene.

In translation a protein is made from the information present on mRNA in ribosome.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1260 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What percentage of nature vs. nurture dictates human intelligence?
Votes: 431