e
s
s
e
tomn126 tomn126
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
So yeah is it possible to have high cholesterol without suffering from hypertension? I ask it because hypothetically speaking your heart would have to work harder if you have veins clogged by cholesterol. If this is true if you have high cholesterol you will suffer from hypertension. Again this is just an hypothesis, im not sure and would like to know how this works. Any info is greatly appreciated! =[) THX!
Read 488 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
Well I have high cholesterol and I have low blood pressure, so it is possible,
wrote...
11 years ago
Patients who have an elevated blood pressure and patients who would be considered at relatively high global risk don't necessarily have high cholesterol. If your cholesterol is over 10, then it is possible you may have a condition called hypercholesterolaemia.

If you smoke, are overweight and take no exercise, then your risk will be quite significant despite your low blood pressure. In this case you should try and do something about these other risk factors, which might include lowering your cholesterol with drugs.

However if you are a non-smoker, not too overweight, and take some exercise, then your cholesterol is an isolated problem that on its own in not likely to be much of a problem to you.

You should talk to your doctor.
Take care as always!\
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1224 People Browsing
 163 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite math subject?
Votes: 559