e
s
s
e
tommytoughnut tommytoughnut
wrote...
Rep: 2 0
11 years ago
My mom just got diagnosed with high cholesterol.  What foods are good at reducing cholesterol.   Is there a certain exercise that would help reduce it too?
Read 433 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
General Aerobic exercise (jogging, walking fast, biking). Her diet should be free of processed fats..though certain monounsaturated fats (like the kind that is found in olive oil) is quite healthy.

If her cholesterol is extremely bad, I would reccomend she starts on an medication.
wrote...
11 years ago
In your search engine type in "foods to lower cholesterol" and you'll find all that you need.  The American Heart Association has a great online cookbook for meals, if you're interested type in "Delicious Decisions cookbook" it's great, I make copies of these recipes and put them in our gym for members.
Most any kind of exercise will lower the cholesterol, providing it is done on a consistent basis. Sometimes it's hereditary too, and one might need to exercise and still take meds, but most of the time exercise and diet will do the trick.
wrote...
11 years ago
The best things are to eat healthy.  Fruits and vegetables and low or no cholesterol foods a lot of foods we eat  are sort of high in cholesterol so you need to eat in moderations.  and exercise everyday.  Medications to lower cholesterol are used if eating right and exercise dont work.
wrote...
11 years ago
well the way you get bad cholesterol is by eating it.  Cut that out of the diet.  Eat more dietary fiber and whole grains.  There are also many supplements that lower cholesterol.  I have been taking L-Carnitine for energy this summer, and one of the side effects is lowering cholesterol.  My total cholesterol was 99 a month ago at my blood test.  I would say listen to you doctor, and possibly see a nutrionist.  I am a 19 year old College Student, clearly I do not live the healthiest life style.  Good luck though.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  897 People Browsing
 160 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite math subject?
Votes: 559

Previous poll results: How often do you eat-out per week?