m
p
m
f
Juliana1984 Juliana1984
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
Can anyone tell me the difference? If someone (a chronic smoker) had a pneumonia and was sent home with an in house oxygen tank and portable tanks could they have either of these diseases? They now have a sign on the front door stating, "Oxygen in Use, no open flames, etc." Also, is this a sign that the person will be on oxygen the rest of their lives? Thanks Frowning Face
Read 680 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
Emphysema is a specific lung disease and COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) has many causes, like emphysema, and mesothelioma, to name two. They will most likely be on O2 the rest of their lives, but maybe not.  They can get a portable tank and still live active lives. My dad is not on O2 yet (his pride!) but has been diagnosed with emphysema and COPD for 15 years,,,yes, 15 years. I never thought it possible. Until recently he pretty much did what he wanted, but it is hard for him to travel now..otherwise, he wood carves, and plays poker, and used the internet and his Kindle and is enjoying a great quality of life, even with his problems (he also has severe heart disease but is alive at 75!!!!!).  He does not smoke anymore, and follows a ll his MDs orders, bless his heart...including being basically a guinea pig for all the new meds. And he is on a great cardiac exercise program, 3 times a week , at a local hospital.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  993 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which country would you like to visit for its food?
Votes: 214