t
i
r
smmiller223 smmiller223
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
Hi,
For Biology homework, I have to research exactly how solvents affect the nervous system but I can't really find it anywhere on the internet - it's all a bit brief!  Just a few points would be helpful - I'm not the sort of person to ask for my homework to be done for me!

Thanks!
Read 487 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
I used to use glue to get high and I wouldbe out of it for hours.  How it affects me inside I couldn't tell you but I know I remembered all that was happening during my 'trip' and I had no memory loss at all.
wrote...
11 years ago
solvents give out fumes, not so ostensibly and taking them into our body through breathing, then they will numb your system
wrote...
11 years ago
Solvents attack brain cells, resulting in neurological damage.  That's why those using solvents are advised to do so in a well-ventilated area.  Unfortunately, some people sniff various solvents for a temporary 'buzz'.  The outcome of this self-abuse is addiction, permanent brain damage, and eventually, death.
wrote...
11 years ago
The question is vague and uninteresting. "Solvent" is a non-specific quantity. Water is a solvent. Heck, any liquid is a solvent for something. What, exactly, are we meant to consider? Industrial solvents like paint thinners? Via what mechanism do you suppose it affects the nervous system? Am I injecting it intravenously? Am I introducing it specifically into nerve cells? Am I huffing the fumes? What?
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1306 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite math subject?
Votes: 293